SD-to-Boston-2k6

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Season's Eatings




And the Lord said, "yea, at the time of the pentecost is when ye shalt eat like unto the great whales of the deep, and achieve no satisfaction until thou hast laid waste to all pastries."


Maybe not a direct quote, but the eating has so far been of Biblical proportions. I (Jason) started a new job at CitiStreet last week and in addition to Thanksgiving, various roasts, cookies, and vacation eating, there has been a holiday food bonanza at the workplace. I'm not as svelte as I once was, and I've been working out feverishly to counteract the holiday effects.

The job:
I'm a tech writer at CitiStreet, the retirement division of CitiGroup (and State Street, but I have no idea how the partnership breaks down). This one dropped into my lap after one of their HR people scanned Monster.com for resumes and I had put one up awhile back. This was also the most promising contact I had ever received from Monster--most others were asking if I wanted to join their insurance company. So that was a nice surprise.

I was working at Irrational Games at the time, in a contract QA position. I liked the people there well enough, but it would have been a tremendous effort to make something work out. Plus the game industry is much the same as I remember. Long hours, lots of information bottlenecks, and roomfuls of manly sweat odors. Thanks, but no thanks.

Anyway, this is the position that I was looking for out here. I should be happy for awhile, especially since there's lots of room for growth and learning great software packages.

New York:
We took a trip to NYC a couple weeks ago. Here are some pictures:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home