SD-to-Boston-2k6

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Another late night at the office

I did not think that it was possible that there could be this much work, and still be more work that I am turning away. I am having a blast, and the projects are interesting. More importantly, the dinners (bribes?) that they provide for you to work past 7:00 PM are outstanding. Tonight I turned down the steak Diane with mushrooms (obviously) and roasted tomatoes for the seared duck breast with the snow peas, steamed carrots, wheat berries, and other tasties. It was not as good as the scallops were about two weeks ago, but it did rival the crab cake salad. The mashed sweet potatoes the other night with the salmon and roasted peppers was also lovely. There is also something to be said for walking into the kitchen a bit after 7:00 and realizing that you are not the only one in the office.

Jason just started at the game company this week. (I will let him write about it.) Until he becomes a bit more independent, he is tied to the hours that some of his colleagues work-- get in at 11:00 and work until 7:00 or more likely 8:00 at night. As a result, he does not get home until quite late. Makes it that much easier for me to stay late at work. I did manage to get out at lunch today and get a pedicure. It was quite lovely (and stupid expensive, but I knew that with the salon that I was going to).

I am out of here to go wander by the gym on the way back to the train. I have been meaning to get down there all week, but I have been way too busy. I just started to try to read a patent and it was like reading a foreign language. My brain has surrendered for the evening.

And for those of you wondering about the weather, I did have to scrape the windshield on Monday, but other than that the weather has been quite nice-- in the low 60's during the day and 40's at night. It did rain one day this week, but that is to be expected.

c

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home